Saturday, September 14, 2013

.fuckingcom - ".fuckingcom" - (Prank)


.fuckingcom – “.fuckingcom” – (Prank)
South Carolina is a weird state for punk and hardcore. Antischism, Guyana Punchline, Thank God, and Initial State (kind of) are all from the there and all share a handful of common members. Kevin and Lyz started doing .fuckingcom after Antischism/Initial State and managed to put out just one record before disappearing. I loved Antischism, and loved GPL (smashism!), but for a long time I had no idea about what Kevin had done between the two: this record. I heard it before I knew who was in it, and I was convinced it was a lost Antischism track. It’s not as heavy, it’s a little more chaotic, and it’s a good bit less polished, but it’s still very much a band that fits in with the others from this group of South Carolina punks.



I still don’t know the proper timeline of this record (was it before they moved or after?) and I’m not sure who else was in the band, but the record is a must buy if you are into this style of 90’s hardcore.

No comments:

Post a Comment