Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Cassette Tape Tuesday: Dee Dee King - "Standing In The Spotlight" - (Sire)


Dee Dee King – “Standing In The Spotlight” (Sire)
Price: $.50
Oh, I know what you’re saying. You’re saying, “That weird Johnny Ramone album before he died was weird, with that “Wonderful World” cover.” But what I’m saying is, you haven’t heard weird Ramones side project until you’ve experienced the power that is DEE DEE KING!
“It’s time to rock
It’s time to rap
It’s time for the
Mashed potato attack!”
And
“I’m ready for a match with the Russian Bear
Gonna pile drive him gonna pull his hair
I might have a foreign object in my trunks
I might have to use on that punk!”
Genius.


This man is a god and you can get two of these for a dollar, which makes this a DOUBLE DOLLAR BIN RIPPER. Buy one for yourself, then buy one for your friend because you’re going to be singing along to “I WANT WHAT I WANT WHEN I WANT IT” in no time.

3 comments:

  1. So beast. The vinyl I got for like 30 bucks which apparently is below market price. Dee Dee is the best.

    ReplyDelete