Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Acid Reflux - "EP" - (No Way Records)


Acid Reflux – “EP” – (No Way)
I love Albany, New York. I’ve only been there once, but I had a blast (thank you Neutron Rats) and it was less than 10 degrees so I can only imagine how fun it is when you aren’t wearing two pairs of pants and losing feeling in your extremities. Ignoring that fabulous night, the first Acid Reflux EP is my favorite thing about Albany. It’s fast, it’s punchy, the art is great, and the lyrics are just dumb enough to have me singing, “I don’t wanna go to work today, I don’t wanna go no no no no no no no no!” The two records that came after this are both rippers, but neither of them grabbed me the way this one did. The slow song is good enough to have me listen through it, and the fast songs are top-notch early 80’s sounding hardcore. The song “I’m No Soldier” is another new-classic hardcore punk song. The vocal delivery is great and it makes up for any other complaints you could possibly have (if you have any you’re a dick).



Even more good news: This band is now pre-Gas Rag. Culo fans everywhere rejoice, as you can now love this record without shame that it might not fit in with the rest of your glue-huffing memorabilia!

No comments:

Post a Comment