Monday, November 18, 2013

NUKE YORK CITY

Record collectors of the northeast:

This is a pretty gnarly couple of weeks for buying overpriced pieces of pvc discs and I feel like it deserves it's own post.

On Friday, the WFMU record fair opens.  Three days of greasy haired mouthbreathers scouring bin after bin of garbage looking for the elusive gold coins scattered in.  I'll be there Friday and probably Sunday depending on how life goes.

On Monday Rough Trade is opening their first american store, in Williamsburg (disturbingly close to where Academy just closed shop).

The new Academy location (in Greenpoint) is pretty dope, and I've picked quite a few rippers out, though only one or two will qualify for this dollar bin ripper blog.

Captured Tracks store is expensive, but I've found a few kind of awesome scores.  In the coming weeks I'll have posts up from Eddy Current Suppression Ring, GG King, and Brilliant Colors, all bought in their dollar bin.

Heaven Street might not have the most illustrious dollar bin in new york, but their new arrivals have been pretty wonderful recently.  Killing it Adam.

Beyond that, the normal black friday sales I'm sure will happen at all of the solid NYC shops (co-op 87, grouch, academy east village, etc) I'll be in the south, hopefully getting to Lunchbox Records.  If I somehow manage to make a day have more than 24 hours I'll be hauling to the other carolina city, to get to Daniel's new AMAZING LOOKING Sorry State Records store.


No comments:

Post a Comment